TKU Management Service
The Trustees Knowledge and Understanding (TKU) code of practice specifies exactly how Trustees should approach training and development. By failing to comply with this, Trustees risk falling foul of the Pensions Act 2004 and could incur fines from the Pensions Regulator as a result.
With the support of PTL, your training needs are identified and a tailored training programme devised accordingly.
The instruction of specialist Trustee trainers demonstrates good governance and illustrates to all involved in the Scheme that responsibilities are taken seriously and that the appropriate tools and frameworks are in place to deliver more informed and reasoned approaches in the management of the Scheme.
The Benefits of using us for effective TKU Management
- Increases Board and Member confidence
- Enables better decisions Ensures compliance of the Pensions Regulator’s statutory requirements
- Ensures good governance practices
- Creates an effective Trustee Board to act decisively when required
- Provides you with peace of mind
Who would use the TKU Management Service?
PTL’s TKU Management service is an effective approach for both Trustees and Employers and can be provided directly or through other service providers.
TKU Management Service Detailed
PTL works in partnership with the Trustee Board to identify any outstanding training needs and to deliver the most appropriate level of training required in a setting and format most suitable to your business.
PTL’s TKU Management Service aims to:
- Help Trustees to identify their individual and combined training needs
- Develop a Personal Learning Plan (PLP), specific to each individual based on their role and responsibilities
- Deliver a personalised training programme in the most convenient format for you
- Record training delivered to demonstrate good governance to the Pensions Regulator should this be required
- Undertake an annual review of training needs based on changes to the Scheme, legislation and regulation
PTL’s Process – how we support your business
Our approach is to be pragmatic, personable and professional.
Being pragmatic is important. No two situations, no two problems are the same. Our pragmatic approach allows us to find sensible, common sense solutions that meet the need of all parties. A pragmatic approach is also a more cost effective approach.
Being personable is important. We all spend a lot of time working. It makes life more pleasant and work more bearable if our working relationships are friendly, warm, open and constructive. We build teams that will serve each client around that client’s needs and preferences.
Being professional is important and should be a given. The characteristics of professionalism we consider particularly important include being trust worthy, being an expert in our field, working to the highest standards, behaving ethically and fairly, observing clients confidentiality and treating all clients, colleague and others we contact in our work with consideration.
Our approach is to be collegiate, to work as part of a team with our clients and their other advisors. We aim to identify your objectives, establish how to achieve it and execute the resultant strategy.
Our approach is to be creative. The best approach to a matter or solution to a problem is not always the most obvious or established. We encourage our team to innovate externally for PTL.