The Pensions Act 1995 states that all Trustees are given formal notice of meetings and that a fully auditable trail is provided for all decisions. This formal record of all documentation is therefore a regulatory requirement.
PTL delivers an effective Secretarial Service for Trustees to ensure that regulatory requirements are met and to demonstrate good practice. Our team ensures that decisions made by Trustees are documented and acted upon in a timely manner.
We also provide a safe-guard against Trustees missing meetings as well as ensuring that Trustees receive access to the technical expertise, knowledge and experience required to undertake their roles responsibly.
The Benefits of using our Secretarial Service
- Ensures regulatory compliance
- Makes sure that all decisions and events are documented
- Implements a best practice framework to the management of your Scheme
- Removes the administration time from the company or Employer to save time, cost and effort
- Guarantees that Minutes are compliant
- Promotes timely responses and actions from Trustees
Who would use the Secretarial Service?
PTL’s Secretarial Service provides an efficient solution for both Trustees and Employers who are seeking to ensure compliance, free-up management time and implement best practice processes to the management of their Scheme.
Secretarial Service Detailed
PTL’s Secretarial Service performs the following tasks to ensure compliance:
- Arranging and communicating meeting schedules
- Providing appropriate notice to all parties to ensure attendance
- Production of agendas and formulating a list of necessary and outstanding action points
- Recording of Minutes and the making of decisions to ensure compliance
- Taking of action between meetings to progress actions
- Ensures one single point of contact for all parties to liaise with
- Above all, our team deliver an effective approach for your firm to record and document key actions in a professional manner.
With PTL supporting your Board of Trustees, you are guaranteed to receive the latest industry knowledge, use of the latest Scheme management tools and approaches for the benefit of your Members in the long-term.
PTL’s Process – how we support your business
Our approach is to be pragmatic, personable and professional.
Being pragmatic is important. No two situations, no two problems are the same. Our pragmatic approach allows us to find sensible, common sense solutions that meet the need of all parties. A pragmatic approach is also a more cost effective approach.
Being personable is important. We all spend a lot of time working. It makes life more pleasant and work more bearable if our working relationships are friendly, warm, open and constructive. We build teams that will serve each client around that client’s needs and preferences.
Being professional is important and should be a given. The characteristics of professionalism we consider particularly important include being trust worthy, being an expert in our field, working to the highest standards, behaving ethically and fairly, observing clients confidentiality and treating all clients, colleague and others we contact in our work with consideration.
Our approach is to be collegiate, to work as part of a team with our clients and their other advisors. We aim to identify your objectives, establish how to achieve it and execute the resultant strategy.
Our approach is to be creative. The best approach to a matter or solution to a problem is not always the most obvious or established. We encourage our team to innovate externally for our clients and internally for PTL.