The PTL governance advisory arrangement (GAA)
From April 2015 the FCA has required all insurance companies and firms with a current or legacy portfolio of workplace personal pensions (WPPs) to have in place an independent committee to assess the value for money that members will receive.
If a firm considers it appropriate – in light of the size, nature and complexity of the WPPs it operates – it can outsource this function to a Governance Advisory Arrangement (GAA).
The PTL GAA comes in two versions:
- GAA Lite – an off-the-shelf solution which can be quickly and efficiently adopted
- GAA Plus – a bespoke solution tailored to your individual needs and requirements.
The PTL GAA board meets four times a year to consider the value for money of each WPP portfolio. The board may make recommendations on how to improve value for money, and providers will be asked to “comply or explain” in response. The board will produce an annual report for your members to be published on your website.
Our aim, with the PTL GAA, is to help firms comply with their obligations quickly and easily.
Why appoint PTL to provide your GAA:
- We are the market leaders with thirteen companies already using our service
- We also it on seven IGCs and fifteen DC master trusts
- The breadth of our client base gives us greater insight into what constitutes value for money across the market
- Our clients include current Workplace Pension Providers, platforms, SIPP providers and consolidators
- The quality of our annual reports is highly regarded across the market