Ramona joined PTL in March 2020 and brings a wealth of investment, corporate and pensions experience. She has a keen appreciation of the issues faced by pensions schemes and is able to leverage her understanding of the increasing competition for capital, and demands on a sponsor, in order to effect pragmatic and beneficial outcomes for her schemes and fellow trustees.
Ramona started her career in the City of London and has held roles as an investment manager and analyst. She has also held the role of Director of Investor Relations and employer-nominated trustee for a well-known high street retailer. More recently, she has worked with a number of pension schemes – hybrid, DC and DB.
Ramona brings a real appreciation of the funding issues faced by pension schemes. Her previous experience enables her to guide trustee boards through investment strategies, funding issues and their interaction with the sponsor.
- Understanding of investment strategies, investment vehicles and their intended outcomes
- Experience of sitting on and working with a diverse range of Trustee Boards and their Investment Committee
- Governance, integrated risk management (IRM) and quality assurance
- Change management including DB scheme closures and restructuring
- DB investment strategy and delivery
- ESG and sustainability investment approaches
- DB funding and sponsor covenant
- Wider operations, design, strategy and communications
- Keen understanding of competing demands on capital for a sponsor and ability to find a pragmatic solution for both the sponsor and pension scheme
- Jewellery making
- Gardening with an improving vegetable patch
- MBA from Cass Business School
- Associate of the Institute of Investment Management and Research (now part of CFA UK)
- Student member of the Pensions Management Institute and currently undertaking the PMI exams.