Paul’s role is to ensure as trustee we act in accordance with the trust deed and rule of each scheme. For our clients with defined benefit schemes this typically involves work with other professionals namely, the scheme actuary, administrators, investment consultants and managers, auditors, the Pensions Regulator and of course the employer.
Within the terms of our appointment as trustee we try and ensure good outcomes for members so that they receive the benefits they are entitled to under the scheme.
He has a wide experience gained from working in the pensions industry since the 1970’s. Paul has held senior managerial posts with insurance companies in administration, marketing and systems functions. He enjoys problem solving and delivering a professional, timely and friendly service to our clients.
Paul joined PTL in 2009 after previously having been at Friends Provident Life.
Paul provides a very proactive service, dealing with the majority of administration and issues as they arise himself. Requests for information to the Company are kept to a minimum and any requests for information from the Company are dealt with promptly.
- Chairing trustee boards operating defined benefit schemes
- Working with the scheme actuary and sponsor to resolve funding issues and setting plans to remove funding deficits
- Working with scheme administrators to make sure data and member records are accurate, that service levels are timely and reports and events are communicated to the Pensions Regulator
- Work with investment consultants to review investment performance and the suitability of asset classes to meet the objectives to fund the liabilities of each scheme
- To monitor legislative change and deal with the impact of the running of the scheme and the effect on members.
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Insurance
- Associate of Pensions Management Institute
- Walking holidays and good food
- Playing golf
- Watching most types of sport
- Keeping fit