Melanie has worked in the pensions industry since 1988 addressing both statutory and non-statutory actuarial and non-actuarial aspects of UK occupational pension schemes, most recently at Towers Perrin. As a qualified pensions actuary, she has strong project management skills and a pragmatic “can-do” approach.
Melanie was actively involved in training trustees, non-trustee clients and colleagues on legislative developments such as age discrimination, scheme funding and the pension protection fund. She also mentored actuarial trainees and was an active participant on the in-house Professional Standards Committee.
Since joining PTL in November 2009, Melanie has been appointed mostly to Defined Benefit schemes, although she also works with a Defined Contribution Master Trust. This has given her the opportunity to put into practice the training and advice she has given over the years.
- Defined Benefit schemes both final salary and cash balance
- Actuarial valuation process and negotiations
- Closure of schemes, cessation of future accrual
- Funding negotiations
- Chairing well governed trustee boards
Memberships / Professional Bodies / Groups
- Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Mother to three daughters, all keen swimmers
- Walking and aspiring to being fit