Louisa is a qualified actuary with 19 years’ experience in the pensions industry.
Her previous positions include 16 years spent with Mercer, undertaking various roles including appointments as scheme actuary, pensions consulting for both DB and DC scheme trustees, as well as working closely with corporates. More recently, Louisa was Pension Operations Manager at a large UK employer, overseeing a multi-billion pound DB and DC pension scheme, a number of other contract-based arrangements, and participation in local government schemes, the Railways Pension Scheme, among others.
Louisa is particularly interested in scheme investments. Her roles have included acting as Chief Operating Officer to the investment sub-committee for a large multi-billion pound scheme while at Mercer, and involvement in the investment sub-committee at her in-house role. This experience, combined with her actuarial background, means that Louisa brings considerable technical knowledge of DB funding and investment strategies (both DB and DC). Louisa’s style is collaborative and pragmatic, building strong working relationships quickly with all stakeholders.
Over the years, Louisa has advised a wide range of trustee and corporate clients, varying in size from £25 million to £2 billion, with diverse corporate sponsor structures, including charities, and geographies. Her in-house experience brings a well-rounded perspective to scheme strategy and funding discussions, as well as insight into the ongoing maintenance work that goes on behind the scenes.
- DB scheme funding
- DB and DC investment strategy reviews and implementation (including LDI, manager selection and fiduciary management)
- DC scheme governance
- Transfers from individual DC trust-based schemes to DC master trusts (including selection of master trust provider)
- Pension administration projects, including data correction exercises, GMP work, data quality assessment
- Running and athletics (being a member of her local athletics club)
- Walking and skiing in the stunning Austrian mountains
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries