Kim joined PTL as a Client Director in February 2012 having previously spent five years with Towers Watson as a Benefit Consultant. During her time at Towers Watson she carried out a wide range of work for both corporate and trustee clients, including actuarial valuations, accounting, benefit design and liability management.
Kim is a trustee to a number of DB, DC and hybrid pension schemes and has experience of handling a broad range of projects relating to the management of pension schemes. She has also delivered numerous Trustee training courses alongside pension foundation courses.
Being a qualified actuary provides her with the necessary technical ability and in depth knowledge of pensions issues. This combined with her ability to communicate concepts clearly means she is well placed to guide pension scheme trustees on the journey they need to take with their schemes.
- Governance of DB and DC pension schemes
- Benefit design change reviews
- Actuarial valuation funding negotiations
- De-risking and liability management
- Investment strategy and implementation
- Buyout of scheme benefits
- Review and appointment of investment managers
- Governance of DC Mastertrusts and through Independent Governance Committees
- Fellow of Institute & Faculty of Actuaries
- PMI Certificate in DC Governance
- The Pensions Management Award in Pension Trusteeship (Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Schemes)
- Horse Riding
- Rugby Walking
- Winner of Pensions Insight Awards 2016 – DC trustee of the year
- Pensions Insight – Next Crop of Pension leaders 2016
- Pensions Insight “Rising Star” Top 50 people in Pensions 2015