Joanne is an experienced pension professional, with 30 years of roles in the pension industry. She brings a wealth of experience and knowledge gained from consultancy, having worked at Mercer as Actuary and Consultant for 14 years, then directly within pension scheme management. Her in-house roles – as Group International and UK Pension Manager for Tesco and Head of Pensions for Marks and Spencer – provided significant experience of large DB schemes (over £10 billion) and fast-growing DC pension schemes. During this time she has led the successful delivery of large projects, scheme communications, and scheme change initiatives and believes that good governance is the main building block to successful scheme and member outcomes.
As an actuary Joanne has strong technical knowledge and depth of experience; whilst from her corporate pension roles, she brings an understanding and empathy with how pension liabilities, risks, and funding requirements impact the sponsor. This varied experience, combined with an excellent track record of successful project delivery, makes Joanne well-placed to work alongside trustees as they navigate their chosen path.
- Strategic planning for pension schemes
- Change management (including DB Scheme closure)
- Benefit design and modification
- DB scheme funding
- Wider aspects of pension operations (e.g. payroll, systems, administration projects)
- Member communication strategies
- Pension taxation for high net worth individuals
Qualifications/ Professional Bodies:
- Fellow of Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Pensions Management Institute’s Award in Pension Trusteeship
- DC Policy Committee member for the Pension and Lifetime Savings Association
- Pilates/ Tai Chi