Dan joined PTL as a Client Director in January 2020 with over a decade of experience in actuarial consulting. In his previous roles he has worked with trustees, corporates and non-profits on their defined benefit and hybrid schemes, ranging from £5 million to £15 billion in size.
Alongside business-as-usual tasks (such as scheme funding negotiations, investment strategy reviews, and individual casework) Dan has been involved with a broad range of projects covering, amongst other pieces, liability management exercises, M&A, benefit design and winding-up exercises.
As a qualified actuary, Dan understands the technical complexity of DB funding and investment strategies, but has always valued the importance of stepping back to take in the whole picture and focus on the results clients require.
- DB scheme funding
- DB de-risking plans, buy-ins/buy-outs
- Benefit design and modification
- Scheme closures and wind-ups
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary
- Videogames – making, playing and watching
- Live music – festivals and concerts alike
- Travelling – particularly on road trips
- Food – cooking and baking, fast food and Michelin