Alison joined PTL as a Client Director in 2015 with 25 years’ experience in actuarial, investment and DC consulting. She was appointed to the board of directors in 2017. In her previous role as a principal and scheme actuary at Punter Southall, she advised trustees of open and closed schemes ranging in asset size from around £25m to over £500m.
She has dealt with and advised a wide variety of scheme sponsors including quoted companies, private equity-backed and family-owned businesses as well as charities and other not for profit organisations. Her trustee experience includes DC master trusts and Independent Governance Committee appointments.
Her special project experience includes liability management exercises from both the trustee and sponsor perspective, scheme closures to new entrants and future accrual and winding up Defined Contribution (DC) and Defined Benefit (DB) schemes with a solvent employer.
As a qualified actuary, Alison has considerable technical knowledge of DB funding and investment strategies but always remains focused on the desired outcome. She is adept at building strong relationships with sponsors and advisers, as well as with fellow trustees.
- DB scheme funding
- Scheme closures and wind-ups
- Investment strategy and implementation
- Liability Driven Investment
- DC scheme governance
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Accredited Member of the Association of Professional Trustees and serves on APPT Council
- Certificate Member of the Pensions Management Institute
- Choral singing
- Football, as a Spurs season ticket holder
- Mother of a grown-up son